Our design process starts and finishes through direct contact with Bob Rogers, guitar builder/luthier. It requires a $100 non-refundable deposit, which will be taken off the total cost of your story guitar.
You can begin your design by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form on our home page. Check out our bopatguitarsUSA YouTube Channel as well as the Facebook page for detailed build information and to get a closer look at the bopat shop.
What you can expect:
We expect to develop a personal relationship with you throughout the entire design and build process. From the one-on-one design communications to strumming or picking your first notes, our commitment to you is excellence and attention to detail.
We ask questions:
- We are interested in who you are, what you do; what you like or dislike about the guitars you’ve owned or played.
- We would like to discuss your “dream” guitar.
- We want to know what kind of wood you like as well as colors and knobs and switches and all the great parts that are available these days that will become part of your guitar.
- We want to know what size neck works for you along with fret size and fretboard material. Standard inlays or custom? You decide. We can help to whatever degree you desire. In other words, if you don’t have an answer or do not have a preference we can help. To coin a phrase from my time time in Hawaii – “no worries”.
- There’s more … let us know what you think. We’re interested!
- The initial step will take 3-4 hours of design time in order for us to get a clear picture of how we can create your story guitar. We do that by a one hour phone conversation and then working through details over the next week or two. Sometimes it is quick and sometimes it takes a little more time. We are not on the clock. We want to fully understand your expectations. It is truly a team effort.
Sending the email is the first step to getting your story told through a guitar built with great care and passion! From there we can get on a phone call or communicate through email, text message, facetime or any other form of communication. The key is that we communicate.
We are excited to become a part of your story. We’re honored and truly love what we do.
Lets do this!